Varicose vein pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am new here and recently been having terrible pain due too my varicose vein in my right leg. I was so concerned i went too the drs with it incase i had a dvt but the dr just put it down too it being inflamed and prescibed me volterol but she has told me too keep a close eye on it for any changes in my leg and i am really worried i have never had pain in my veins before and would just like too know if burning itching and throbbing sensation normal for a varicose vein or does that seem like something else is wrong i am at a loss even after seeing a dr and will the pain subside or just stay now? many thanksĀ 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What you're experiencing from symptoms is typical VV. I've had mine for at least 10 years. The only way of getting better is elevating your legs and massaging downwards (towards your heart) but that means you can go to work or shower or socialize with people pretty much (function) but it does help ease the discomfort until you have to be again on your feet.

• Posted

Really? i honestly never knew a vein could cause so much pain so are you in pain practically every day? have you used Volterol or tried horse chestnut pills i have recently ordered some as they are supposed too be great for varicose vein sufferers whether its true or not i have no idea yet but willing too try thanks so much for the reply
  • Posted

I haven't tried volterol but I tried the horse Chestnut got them from Walmart. I used aton of it. It does help a little bit. But nothing will make it go away. But surgery or the new procedures that are a available that are less painful than surgery. I also understand that every case is different. For example my main veins are good but my superficial seem to be leaking all the time and cause formation of new veins so i am not sure what are your circumstances.

• Posted

I developed quite a few big blue prominent veins when i was pregnant with my daughter that was 7 years ago but never had any discomfort until recently one of the main veins in my right leg has swelled and is causing me discomfort specially the more active i am on my feet and i am not sure why its happened that's why i went too the drs as i was concerned but the doctor had a feel of the vein and chcked my leg and wasn't overly concerned and prescribed me volterol but told me too keep an eye on it i also suffer with anxiety so i am worrying myself over it which isn't helping matters i am really appreciative of the replies 

• Posted

I totally understand your worries. But what you have is typical. You would be worry if something unknown and no treatment for god forbid. But that's not the case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.