Varicose vein so painful all I can do is rest my leg.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a very enlarged varicose vein in my leg that I have booked in to be removed in April. After a scan I was told it is 12mm wide rather than 2mm which is what it should be.

In the mean time it is constantly inflamed, hot and in parts sore to the touch, aches whenever I stand up and I keep getting cramp in my leg as well. I feel tired and headache in my self as well.

The only time I feel comfortable is when I am resting in bed.

Considering I am only 41 this is so frustrating! If this is what I have to put up with for the next month or so then I don't know what to do.

Has anyone been like this and do you have any suggestions of things I can do to alleviate the pain so I can do a bit more.

Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.