Varying symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I've not been diagnosed with IC yet. I was however, diagnosed 18 months ago with Vaginal Atrophy. So I took HRT for a year but it didn't help. I was hoping after each dose I used, that it would be the one to take the symptoms away, but it never did. So in August last year I stopped using it.

I googled my symptoms and IC came up. My symptoms are:

Vaginal Soreness

Soreness at end of Urethra

Pressure/bloating in bladder.

Wanting to wee all the time.

Only managing a drop (At each bathroom visit) on days when I want to wee all the time.

Emptying bladder in middle of night after a day of wanting to wee all the time.

Urgency.

Now I don't get all these symptoms at once thank god. But I can get soreness at end of urethra when I'm on days of wanting to wee all the time etc.

But these last couple of days I've had a different symptom. Very little soreness, bloating or urge to wee, but when I do wee, there is only a little drop comes out. Then like last night, I went to bed expecting to get up a couple of times in the middle of the night to empty my bladder. Instead it happened at 7am.

It's now nearly 3.45pm. I must have had just over a litre of liquid inside me since I got up. Only small wees again so not got rid of much. I've no urgency to go.

Can't understand it. I think I must have between 500ml and 750ml of urine in my bladder at the moment. I wonder if this is all part of the "IC" or what?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

This sounds similar to my experiences and I have IC. I also have LS and whenever my bladder acts up, so does the LS.  I think bladder and vagina issues are closely related.  The best thing to do is watch your diet - avoid citrus, coffee, tea, chocolate, anything spicey or acidic, carbonated beverages, and wine.  I've found that vodka is tolerable, and so is low acid coffee if I only drink a bit of it.  The other huge thing is keeping anxiety and stress out of your life.  It's not easy, but with practice, it will get easier and you'll feel better.

Anna

• Posted

Hi Anna, Yes I thought my experience would sound similar to someones with IC. I was also diagnosed with LS and I agree that Vagina and bladder issues must be closely related. So yes I will watch my diet and avoid the things you mention. I don't drink vodka but will have to find some low acid coffee I think. Sadly I have a lot of stress in my life. So I'm going to have to try and learn to relax more somehow.

I'm just having a couple of days of hardly wee-ing all day, only doing a trickle each time I go. Last night I went to bed at 9pm as I had had enough of the Vaginal pain. I calculated that there must be 750ml of Urine inside me on getting into bed. After an hours sleep, I woke up and had a normal wee, another early morning and one 9am-ish. As ive just had an hip replacement, I've been using a urinal bottle at the side of the bed. By 9am this morning, there was 800ml in the bottle!

So today I was hoping for a normal day again but no. I will end up same as last night, emptying my bladder through the night/early hours. At least I've not been sore today or been dying to wee all day or had that strong urge etc. No bloating either. But it just makes me wonder how I can hold so much urine with being desperate for a wee!

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

So sorry to hear you're having such a rough time.  It might help if you cut down on liquids a couple of hours before  you go to bed.  Also, try and limit your salt intake.  That will cause you to retain water.

Anna

• Posted

Thanks Anna, I will try those ideas and watch my salt intake. Didn't have a great night last night. I did get up about twice in the night and once at about 8am to wee. Total urine output 600mls. Again never had the urge to go. Just got up and thought I'd better try. One of the girls on the Facebook IC forum says that surgery can mess with your urination for at least a good week afterwards. Well I'm a week post op today so I'm hoping my signal to go will soon come back. Anyway if nothing else, after trying since Dec to get a Docs appointment, I have finally got one for a week today so at least I can tell her what's been going on can't I? Thanks for listening. Hope you are OK today.
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,

That's a good point about surgery causing problems for a while.  After giving birth to my son (long before IC) I had problems for weeks.  But after some time, it all went back to normal.  Guess the  body was feeling traumatized and was holding on to everything.  Hang in there!

• Posted

Thanks Anna.So it's not just me who's had such difficulties. Sorry you had problems for weeks after having your son. Yes it must be due to our bodies being traumatised in some way. Not good is it. Hope you have a good day. :-) x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.