Vascular Prostate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have just received all clear letter after NHS Cystoscopy & Biopsy following

Haematuria.

Doctor refers to a "moderately sized  vascular Prostate", but I can not find any definition of "vascular".

What does this mean?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Vascular relating to, affecting, or consisting of a vessel or vessels, especially those which carry blood:

Possibly means that there are a lot blood vessels showing. I used to have bleeding that came from the odd burst blood vessel

• Posted

Thanks

Seems logical

Would welcome confirmation from medial source

• Posted

No - the scope seemed to pass through the Prostate before I even noticed it, and the primary reason for the procedure was to look at the bladder.
  • Posted

Hello, "vascular" means rich in blood vessels or having more blood vessels than average. All the best.

• Posted

Obviously not a current problem, but does this mean I would be prone to any particular future issues?
    • Posted

Yes, burst blood vessels. They usually takes a couple of days to clear up.

Strangely on two of the ocasions it happened with me it was when I got rather dehydeated in hot weather.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.