Vascular Triple bypass

Posted , 1 user is following.

In September 2009 I had a triple vascular bypass to fetch blood to my legs from my left shoulder. It was explained to me that a Y shaped tube was fitted upside down and grafted near my shoulder passing down my right side and then grafted to arteries at the top of my legs.I olso had to have my left foot amputated due to gangrene.

Just before leaving hospital the consultant said the operation would last 18months to 2 years,however there would be no further leg pains

Questions...

1. what does this statement mean ?

2. Do the grafts work for the rest of my life ?

3. or eventually will my normal blood flow take over ?

Thank you for any replies..

e.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How did you get your Avatar (image) to work? :D
  • Posted

Uploaded the photo then used Gravatar.
  • Posted

Hmm I did the same thing and I get nowt but this yellow splat sad Cheers, sorry to have posted this query in your topic smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.