Vascularized prostate?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Someone mentioned their prostate was Vascularized ( is that word ) and that might be a reason their PAE procedure wasn't successful. I can't find the post so I'll ask in a new discussion. How would it be detremined if you have a very vascular prostate? Would it show up a CT scan? 

Thanks Unc

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello

I am a 56 year old.  I would be interested to know of any treatment that can be recommended for a vascularised prostate.  My prostate was only 40 cc but 18 months ago began to blled and I constantly had gross amounts of blood in urine and semen ever since.  I had many scans, MRI, two cystosocopy, went on Dupdart, with urologists believing it was a bleeding prostate.  So I had a PAE and whilst the prostate decreased in size and uirinary problems improved there was no improvemnt in bleeding.  I then about 6 months later had a second PAE which seemed to be successful but the blood has returned today after just one month.

• Posted

I feel your pain brother. I've had similar problems to yours. I assume the uros have not been able to pin down the source of the bleeding? I called uro last week and asked them to contact the radiologist that did my CT scans and ask him details about possible bleeding site in my prostate and bladder. I'll know in a week or so when I go to my next appointment. Just curious, do you get large clots also? 

• Posted

No.  I never have passed large clots.

I had CT scans, MRI, two cystoscopy and two PAE.  The urologists say my bleeding is coming from the prostate.  For 18 months I have had a lot of blood in urine and in semen, which has ruined any chance of having a relationship.  After two PAE's I dont really know what to do next.

• Posted

I bleed off and on for the past year. Whem I bleed, I pass l;arge clots, and quite a bit of blood. I'm tenatively going to have HOLEP surgery in January. At 59, the retrograde ejaculation isn't an issue for me. There are some here that preach against any surgery that causes RE, I respect that. For me, I would like my life to return to normal. HOLEP seems to provide a path there. Although there is a urology center  in my area participating in the Aquablation trials. I think I will look into it. It doesn't hurt to ask.

• Posted

I forgot to mention, with the bleeding I steered away from PAE figuring there no guarantee they would get the source of the bleeding. Urolift only compresses the prostate so I don't think that would help. 

• Posted

Uncklfester, Exwhyzed,

Hello,

Had any of you have in the past  other operations in the lower abdomen like hernia or scrotal repair?

I have heard that such operations may disrupt the blood circulation in the area and may cause congestion in the prostate , or direct more blood and dihydrotestesterone towards the prostate causing it to enlarge and have more vascularization.

I have searched about this subject but did not find valuable results.

Ben

• Posted

Hi Ben I had hernia repair when I was 10 years old. No idea if that affected my prostate growth. Have you ever heard of the gat goren procedure for BPH?
    • Posted

Yes uncklefester I have heard of the gat goren procdure and there theory which discuss the blood and lymph circulation around the prostate and scrotal area .

I did not find  support for their theory around the web.Maybe  more research is needed.

I would like to know whether those men who have bleeding on top of bph have had hernia operations or similar that might affect the blood circulation and cause congestion that lead to over vascularization of the prostate.

Ben

• Posted

I have not had visible blood in my urine since December 2016 Thank God. Very unsettling when you're peeing what looks like pure blood. I did have a 30mm cyst on my kidney. Not sure if that was where bleeding was coming from. Uro said probably not because clots were blobs not stringy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.