Vasovagal and Medication.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone, 

I have been experiencing vasovagal attacks the last few months and even with increase of salt (32oz of Pedialyte a day), a protein bar with 230-260mg of salt, and an increase water intake of around 48 - 64 oz a day (I used to drink upwards of 100 oz but my doctor said that was too much) I have felt very little difference. I think medication would help but Florinef interacts with my birth control. Any suggestions on what the next best medication is to try? Has anyone had success with medication? I also increase salt in my daily diet but I still have terrible symptoms and I'm so tired of it. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What are some of your symptoms?
    • Posted

Well, most of my symthoms happen after a warm shower, bowel movement, exercise, alcohol consumption, etc. the best way to describe it is woozy, I’ve never fainted but I feel like I might if I don’t sit down. Sometime I also get very warm and sweat but those are during the really bad attacks. Mostly just feel lightheaded and my vision feels a bit weird. I also get very tired especially after bowel movements and working out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.