VCLD

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I dropped down from 91kg in Jan 2016 to 86kg in September 2016 through minimal exercise and dieting here in there. I started my proper weight loss in Sept and I am now at my lightest, 56.65kg today in April 2017.

This started off with me visiting the gym for an 1hr5mins on the crosstrainer and eating less but gradually resulted in me going on a calorie restricted diet, at one point me earting 200cals and burning 750. I then ate under 600 and burned 750, increased it to under 700 and burned 850. On days where I couldnt exercise due to work, I would binge purge. I went to see the GP and a dietician and was advised to increase my limit to 1200 over a period of 3 days.

Considering I burned the amount I ate, and most of the time more than that, my net calories was always 0-negative and as I would starve myself on the weekend when I was working, that number would be in the 100s or even less if I had purged.

I am worried that if I ate 1200 and burned 850 on days that I am exercising (Mon-Fri) that would an extra 350 each day, or more, than I am used to. On the weekends, that would add up to 1200*2 (Saturday and Sunday)

Monday to Friday calorie intake and output= (1200-850)*5= 1750

Saturday Sunday calorie intake and output= (1200-0)*2= 2400

Total: 4150 extra calories (and then some) to what I am used to weekly.

Considering a lb of weight is 3500 calories, would I gain weight per week by eating this amount?

How do people maintain their weight after extreme calorie restriction, I do not know where to start sad

Kind regards,

Nieve

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nieve, I read your post and want to send you congratulations on such a wonderful weight loss! I'm jealous of the loss but not how you did some of it!

I know from personal experience and through others that weight maintenance is the most difficult part and learning your triggers for falling off the wagon. Yo-yo dieting can be much more difficult on your body than being overweight!

I'm glad to see that you've been to see your Dr.! Did you tell your Dr and Dietician that you have been binge purging? That alone scares me for your well being, not good at all as you are probably aware of.

Not to upset you, but are you showing addictive behaviour with your diet and exercising, like have you or about to cross the line? I'm concerned for you as alarm bells started to ring when I read your post!

What do you others think but more important what do you think Nineve?

• Posted

Hello Susan. Thank you for the reply and your concern! I have mentioned it to them because it's something I have noticed too, I do realise, from an objective point of view, that it is rather irrational but it's just a habit I've gotten into. I have agreed to take some CBT sessions because i do feel that if I don't do something about it now, it would be detrimental to my health. I am increasing my intake, it's just trying to

decrease gym time that's difficult for me at the moment. I'm just too worried about gaining weight if I eat more calories than I did. Even if it is just 1200.

I think you are right, completely. I just need to find the right balance and try to stop being so obsessive about it all, I guess!

• Posted

Your not counting the calories body needs for involuntary metabolism like respiration, brain functioning, heart and lung working, etc. 
    • Posted

I hadn't even thought of that! Is there any way of working out how many calorie the body uses for those actions or is that unique to every individual?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.