Vedolizumab as well as Humira

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

My gastroenterologist is thinking of starting me on Vedolizumab as well as Humira, but my rheumatologist says that one cannot get or be on 2 biological drugs the same time.

So I am wondering who is right.

Is anybody here on Vedolizumab and Humira together, I am from the UK anybody in the UK?

Also is Vedolizumab trial still ongoing?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Doesn't sound right but in all honesty I don't know. 

But I was on Humira for 18 months and although it worked initially it failed after 12 months. I was taken off Humira and given Vedolizumab......... so far so good!!

All I know is Vedo is Crihns specific unlike Humira which I believe was designed as RA specific but can help with Crohn's and UC. 

Hope you get some answers. 

Good luck

Hannah 

• Posted

Fond this on a drug interaction site.

Using vedolizumab (Entyvio) together with adalimumab (Humira) may increase the risk of serious infections. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. Contact your doctor immediately if you develop signs and symptoms of infection such as fever, chills, diarrhea, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, blood in phlegm, weight loss, red or inflamed skin, body sores, and pain or burning during urination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

• Posted

Hi

not sure if this will help but several years ago I was on Humira and Methotexate injections weekly for around 20 months. I’m not taking them now as I’ve recently had stoma surgery and will shortly be starting vedlizumab myself.. at the time the 2 drugs together did help to settle my Crohn’s for while. 

Wishing you the very best of luck, any questions or anything please give me a shout.

💟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.