Vegetables.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, can anybody help or recommend what vegetables I can eat, getting fed up of potatos and carrots.i am having steamed fish today.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia. I have had beets and they worked OK for me. I would like to find more vegetables to. I really miss them.
    • Posted

Hello Kimberly, thanks for reply,I too love all of my vegetables,l must try beets,do you cook them yourself, or by them ready cook.how do you get on with any kind of meat.
    • Posted

I cook them myself. I think that canned would be ok. Just make sure to cook them until they are soft. Unfortunately I find that I have to cook vegetables until they are very soft. I have made soup with chicken onion, celery, carrots, rice or potatoes. I cut the celery and onion in very small pieces and over cook them. For meat I can eat chicken and fish with no problem. I gave eaten a little hamburger. Make sure to chew your meat really well. I only eat small potions of meat. About 3 maybe 4 ounces. I eat yogurt for breakfast. Patricia I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Kimberly,thanks for your list of things to eat,I will definitely make some soup,and try some chicken,I have a nutritional drink once a day ( complan). It is so nice to be able to discuss this illness with others.thank you.
  • Posted

I was told just for the low residue (fiber) diet weeks nothing that makes the colon work hard like broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuces. Nothing raw. I was allowed carrots , green beans cooked well and canned vegetables because they are soft. Google 'low residue diet' for a list.

• Posted

Hello Linda,thanks for your reply.it is great to get lots of ideas from fellow sufferers.x I shall certainly look on google.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.