Veins sticking out everywhere anxiouse mess

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well as you will all know it's humid and hot in UK but I'm freaking out because my veins keep popping out my neck feels right I just feel it's going to kill me ! I'm starting to realise how much a drama queen I am obviously without meaning and it's not because I like to do it but honestly feel that this is something that has only started this year I have a lot running through my head like high blood pressure or heart attack or circulation ect I was exhausted tried to nap ....awoke about 17 times to not breathibrbreathing / jerky I never gasped for air or anything just felt I was holding my breathe or something is anybody else having this ? I do have a sinus infection but my nose isn't stuffy this time and I haven't got much mucus /drainage it's more the facial pain headpain teeth pain ect

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have veins that seen to bulge out a lot in my hands and feet... Only started happening when I got anxious. Someone else on this forum told me it happened to them too, but that their doctor said that can be due to muscle tension, which is very classic to anxiety. It seems to happen to me especially when I get freaked out, although it happens a lot randomly too.
  • Posted

Never risk your health, because your worried that people may think you are making a drama. It sounds very serious and worth checking with your doctor. Persist until you feel satisfied with the answers they give you. Health problems can go undetected and then flare up; especially in extreme conditions, such as this heat wave, with pollen and pollution and dry weather on top. Have your blood pressure monitored and ask for a referral to a Consultant who could check your circulatory system including your heart and ot an ENT referral may be of use.

Anxiety can be a symptom and can also make us feel physically worse. You have justifiable concerns. You sound very stressed and this may make your sleep worse. Perhaps you should try to get some holistic support for this, as it will also help your other challenges and could also be a symptom of your physiological complaints. You may be waking with panic attacks which are affecting your sleep phases.

If your bodily system is under stress, perhaps you could discusss medications to help your sinus infection; antibiotics if it's gone on longer than a week, perhaps saline drops or spray, steaming may help (although be careful not to get too hot in this weather). You will need more fluids than normal, even for a heatwave;...if you also have an infection. Sometimes when the body is dehydrated, it can wake us up and affect our circulation too. We can feel much more holistically stressed.

Some of my worse sinusitis infections have been lacking mucus and stuffiness at points and sometimes at all, becuase the sinuses are so wide ranging - every case has to be assessed individually. Sometimes the symptoms seem atypical, but are just as severe, sometimes more so. if you may have a chronic circulatory problem then infections may be more intrangible. Again fluids may aid the body to expell what it needs to better & a range of them, to balance the body's electrolytes. The problem that you have had for a year may also compiund any symptoms of an infection and vice versa.

I hope you feel much better soon! Nalia~

• Posted

Hi Steph I have the opposite problem with veins when I was in hospital they could not get veins to take my blood and I thought something serious was up.

Worried all the time, can anyone help

• Posted

Hi thanks for all your reply I was good yesterday so to speak thought u was making progress again not at all today is horrible !

I haven't been to doctors they can't fit me in my veins are still sticking out in my hands and feet not constantly but keeps happening I keep thinking maybe im too hot I do have reynolds dieseas well they never checked I told them my hands go numb white and painful sometimes and they said reynolds apparently it's nothing to worry about and thousands have it but my fingers tips keep going numb on one hand im really scared still my headache is so painful im living off paracetamol which is getting me more anxiouse it isn't working well and I hate taking any medication I have had ecgs and echo before so would circulation probkems show in this ? And Jean that's normal hunnie I get told how nice my veins are my sister they have to smack her arm and all sorts to finally find one xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.