velafaxine detachment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been on velafaxine 225mg for four months, but feel a bit detached, does this go or is it part of being on the drug?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I felt this but as part of the depression itself. Did ease after a while being on the Ven. Hope this helps
    • Posted

I did for a while at the beginning. Been on it for ten years now so just used. Hoping wean off soon x
    • Posted

It must be okay if you have been on it for ten years. I was on citalopram before but doc changed me to velafaxine. Did you feel normal on it?
    • Posted

First 6 months kinda felt detached then I got used. Used to be on 275mg. Been on 150mg slow release for 4 years so need to start slowly reducing. I can honestly say this medication saved my life. There are many who hate it as its difficult to withdraw. What mg do you take? X
    • Posted

Yes it does. I have to get up early before I begin my shift at work just to make sure I'm fully alert driving and working x
    • Posted

Yeah all your side effects are quite normal due to the high dose. Has the depression eased any or thoughts you may have been experiencing? X
    • Posted

Not yet, still waiting and hoping. Just worried about when I go back to work and have to be up in the morning. Encouraging that you manage x
    • Posted

It does get better. Unfortunately depression is a slow recovery but you will get there 👍😊👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.