Venaflaxine Day 1

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so I took meds this morning 7:30 am.

150 mg.

10:30 am so far no side affects.

I previously took Celexa (citalopram) for 5 weeks. It did absolutely nothing for my OCD. Took it at 40 mg. looking for success stories on it helping anxiety/OCD (obsessive thoughts)

My doctors say it shouldn't take 6-8 weeks just to show some help. By week 2 or 3 it should be helping a little. Last med didn't help anything at all. Looking for POSITIVITY.

19 y/o. Female.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

This medicine gave me my life back after being on paxil. It is one of the bed for anxiety,panic and so is cymbalta. They are the best out there. Good luck. The adjustment wasn't easy in the beginning but well worth the results.
    • Posted

I've heard it takes less time for it to work than SSRI's. Is that true? What about how something was already in my system, does that help?
    • Posted

Hi.yes it does help going off one and on to another. Benedryl helps the effects off going off one and onto other. As I did this to be more comfortable. And my Dr said it was ok also. You adjust better. And it doesn't take long but were all different but its the best drug. Was on it over ten years successfully.
    • Posted

I've heard lots of people it only take 1-3 weeks to notice some help! Then 4 weeks depression totally gone. I just want my OCD to be gone.
    • Posted

You may notice personally a difference in a week, doesn't take long, just hang in there. I swear by effexor xr and cymbalta. Out of all drugs. Gave me bed quality of life.
  • Posted

I was on citalopram for over 10years on various doses, seemed to have stopped working, was tapered off them amd now on 150 mg venlafaxine, that was 3 weeks ago, so far so good, no side effects at all x
  • Posted

having a sh*t day today hunni, how are you? x
    • Posted

I feel like it's helped a TAD bit with OCD. My cousin took this and gradually increased like you have and hers worked on anxiety, ocd, and Depression after a month! So hang in there. I am only on two weeks this thursday. I feel like I'm in a nightmare. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.