VENALAXAFINE TO CITOLAPRAM JUMP

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been on venalaxafine for many years horrible side effects been to the doctors today as my depression and anxiety have got much worse , i also take 150mg of quetiapine which is not doing anything at all , my doctor has told me to take 75mg of venalaxafine tomorrow then 37.5 the next day then start tacking 10mg of citolapram and just stop the venalaxafine as citolapram will work the same as the venalaxafine , its making me rather axious and worried just stopping the venalaxafine in 2 days has any one else had this change over , i have cut out venalaxafine in a week and the withdrawels were horrendous ,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terry,

I went from venlafaxine straight on to sertraline. I did suffer withdrawal symptoms for a few days, mostly dizziness. However they weren't as bad as when I missed a dose of the venlafaxine.

I hope the change over goes OK for you.

• Posted

thank you for your reply what dossage of venlaxafine were you on , how long had you been on it if you dont mind me asking 
  • Posted

Oh my that is quick.  I am worried you will get withdrawals stopping the Venlafaxine so fast.  This is a drug that you have to withdraw from very slowly.  I hope your doctor knows what he is saying because from experience, and reading so many post here, that is not a good idea.  Took me months to withdraw, and venlafaxine suited me very well indeed. 

Perhaps the doctor is right and you wont get withdrawals because you are starting another anti depressant, but I would, like you, be very anxious about stopping so quickly.  2 days to my mind is ridiculous.  If I was you I would slowly withdraw from the venlafaxine.  You know how awful you can feel stopping it quickly, as you have done it before.  I reckon you will feel the same this time.  Yes withdrawals are horrendous unless you take it really slowly like I did.  I did not go onto another drug like you are doing now, but all the same, have in the past stopped one anti depressant and started another, but not with Venlafaxine. 

I am worried for you.  Let us know what happens.  I would have a chat with your doctor and ask for Venlafaxine to be prescribed at the moment so you can reduce slowly.

• Posted

I was on 375mg, which was it two doses. I believe I took it for about 3 years. I didn't taper off the dose at all. Just went straight on to the sertraline.(minimum dose )I was on that for about a year and a half and then when straight on to citalopram.

I feel for you, I would be amazing if we could find the right drug straight away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.