Venalfaxine finally off it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

After a two month taper I am now off the drug from hell and I have never felt better in my adult life. It's been hard but defiantly worth it and now I know it was that drug that was keeping me ill and all the other ad's I have been on over the last 30years. I have emotions now I feel alive and not dead, my energy is back and no depression or anxiety anymore, every one says how well I look, I have also lost weight. People used to say when they looked into my eyes there was nothing there and I seemed complete out of it and that is how I was feeling, I felt like I had two brain cells one was asleep and the other was on holiday. Coming off the ad's was hard but not half as bad as it was when I detoxed from alcohol know where near. This was like falling off a log compared to that. I was expecting it to take a lot longer to get off these but I thought it best to get the hell off ASAP and not drag it on for ages. Every one days a long slow taper is better but not for me it ain't as I wanted my life back fast. The withdrawals may be harder to cope with by doing it fast but what the hell I would rather get it all out the way once and for all as what's the point in wasting more of my life with these bloody pills. Any way I'm so happy it's all done now so that I can move on and feel human again. Please note that I'm not advising anyone to stop taking there pills or to do a fast taper because that up to you and you have to do what you think is best for you. I have to emphasise that as I have put posts on here before and certain people have had a go at me because they seemed to think I was telling people what to do so I say it again I'm just talking about my own experience. Ad's may work for some people and that's great but they don't work for me and I will never touch them again even if I get depressed. I have learned loads of other ways to deal with depression so I will do them things in future because I don't want to be a zombie ever again

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

what a lovely post to read, feeling down at the moment not on meds and won't but really cheered me up to read something nice on here. Well done hope you are treating yourself to something no matter how small every day you deserve it.

Congratulations if I were Cliff I would sing it to you .LOL

• Posted

Hi Joan 

Thanks for you kind reply, I'm glad to hear your not on meds, I know your feeling low but I'm sure it will pass with time

• Posted

Hi Michael,  I'm so happy for you.  Yes, you're correct.  Everyone is different and only we can judge for ourselves.  Sometimes even the MD's don't know what will work for us.  Keep up your progress  and know that we're here for you.  I'm on the other wide of  the "pond" on Long Island, New york but my good wishes are flying across  the ocean to you.  
  • Posted

Welldone Michael! smile I also agree that there are other better ways of dealing with depression than taking medication long-term. I think medication is only beneficial in the short-term. 

I also feel that people have no right to give out to other people who talk about going off medication. As you said, it is the individual's choice and I feel that if you want to go off medication while still working on non-medical ways to treat depression, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact it's a better way of achieving a more permanent state of happiness. I think that some people on this site are just in denial. They believe that medication cures depression and ignore trying to work on what they can actually do to make themselves better instead. So they give out to people who talk about going off medication/trying non-medical ways of treating depression because really it's because it makes them insecure about the fact that they are not able to do it themselves. 

Kudos to you! 

Do talk to your doc if you take a downturn though, or as you said make sure you take other steps if you regress! But it sounds like you are well aware of that! smile

Take care and goodluck to you! 

anonymousgirl x

• Posted

Hi Michael,

I too have come off This dru after 17 years and have no intention of oin back on it or any other.I will learn to deal with my depression in other ways. ood Luck

• Posted

Hi cathy

how did you do it  I want to come off of clonasapam which is simular been on it about the same amount of time as you.

Thank You

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.