Venflaxatine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was on venflaxatine Effexor 150mg for about 10 years it was increased as an inpatient to 225mg as an inpatient at the time I waa really bad abd wen I saw my physchytrist I could not understand y she was so annoyed, she tried to reduce me to 175mg but I felt awful and so was kept at 225mg. What I didn't realise and have only just discovered while doing research into the drug as it is no longer working and I want to reduce. It seems that I was on 150mg of venflaxatine Effexor capsules and changed to 225mg Venlalic tablets. It seems that they work differently and I know am realising that although they were increased they could be the reason I feel the way I do. I think this really shows how important it is that we know and understand exactly what is being given to us and the effects. Either way I want off as they R not working my depression has got worse over the last 3 years being on them. But I never questioned the tablets but they do work very differently. Either way it has helped me decide I am getting off these and hopefully q new antidepressant will helps. I shake and my hands tremble all the time does anyone else have this I wasn't sure if it was these as im also on tramadol which I to have to get off abd I know both will b very hard but I realise now why I feel so awful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's interesting what you say about the different formulations of venlafaxine. When I changed from Effexor capsules to Venlalic tablets, I didn't notice any difference. I take 225 mg, as 3 x 75 mg.
    • Posted

i think tbh they have not been working for me for a long time but I have been reading up and the Effexor seem to be more expensive and it seems the way they r absorbed is different and there have been studies to compare the Effexor to the venlalin the Effexor seems to be the better version However it seems that the Effexor is harder to wean off of. It does say that the venlalin can actually cause U to feel more depressed and I now realise the awful way I feel in the morning is these I never experienced it on the Effexor, I am going to talk to my doctor to suggest going bk on the Effexor to c if I feel better as venflaxatine did work v well for me in the past so I don't want to come off them without trying this, and he did say I could go on a higher dose. However after 16 years on venflaxatine I think really a new antidepressant could b the way forward. I just think it's important that we know exactly wot we R taking tbh I didn't even notice the diff name just that I was on a capsule and now a tablet, but I defo was better on the Effexor and at that time was only on 150mg. It is so hard to no but all I no is my depression has got worse over the last 3/4 years and that is during the time I was changed. I really am hoping to try a new antidepressant but just wondered if anyone else had experienced getting worse changing from one brand to another and wen I came across the studies and material I read I thought I should share. I'm also interested as I read that during the reduction of venflaxatine a small amount of Prozac can be combined to help during this process and wondered if anyone has had experience of this, because the thought of reducing my antidepressant even very very slowly is really scary I no it will be worth it. I no wen my sister was on an antidepressant and it wasn't working they swapped it for another but she was only on a v low dose, I just wish I'd discovered this site ages ago my old psycatrist wouldn't change my meds at all and I have been struggling for so long on something that is clearly no longer working. Thank God I have a new doctor who is very open to working with me and trying to find the right medication. I just want to live my life the thought of being like this for even another year is awful IVE only been tried on 2 antidepressants in 20 years and I no there R a lot more avaliable now
    • Posted

I've been on venlafaxine for about 10 years I think, and for the last 6 I've been on mirtazapine too. The combination has worked well for me, and I've been depression-free for more than a year. Now I'm trying to reduce the mirtazapine but finding it hard. I do forget to take one of my 75 mg venlafaxine some mornings ( I take 2 at night and 1 in the morning) and don't notice until I go to bed and find it still sitting there! So I suppose that counts as reduction by accident!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.