Venflaxine 225mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just really looking for reassurance more than anything else. I have moved up today from 150mg to 225mg of venlafaxine. When I have previously gone up to max dosage ( of mitazapine ) of other tablets. I have had problems. I am natural concerned that being at max doses, whilst will be good for my symptoms, may make me feel worse.

I know this is probably very silly and I should not have pre conceptions and let things take their natural course, but I have a Driving examination this month too and really want to be fit for that as I have post poned it once already.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You can always use herbs; I use St John's Wort for depression; it lifts me up so much that I even feel happy when I'm taking it. And light boxes are excellent!

But I don't recommend coming off the drug without support from your doctor of course or taking SJW at the same time. The drug may make SJW not work or vice versa or they may make each other work too much.

• Posted

I am happy to go with it to be honest got alot of things to sort, it just get some understanding I guess of how other have found it at the dose
  • Posted

Hi Jimmy, replied to your other post but I'm also on 225mg from 150mg, had no problem with increase, you can go to 350mg as an inpatient I believe.

If you experience unpleasant side effects speak to GP who may suggest taking the extra 75mg at lunch time so it's staggered through day? 

N

• Posted

Thanks Aspinan this i sort of the background info I was looking for. I am just so wary as when I was on 45 mg Mirtazapine I was so ill and going into dark places
  • Posted

Hi Jimmy, I too went up to 225mg just over two weeks ago.  Although that is the highest dose from a GP's perspective, a psychiatrist can prescribe well over that, 375mg and higher sometimes.  I haven't had any worse side effects however the increase has not helped the depression.  I'm back to my psychiatrist this afternoon for a review.  I hope it goes well for you and that they work soon x
  • Posted

Hi, I went upto 300mg when I was taking it a few years ago. I didn't notice any side effects or changes in the increased dose, just that I felt better. I don't think you need to worry about it being the max dose, just focus on it being a little more than what you're already taking. I didn't research it at all when I was on it, just blindly took what I was told by my pychiatrist and in a way I think it worked in my favour as I would have been quite upset and worried if I'd realised how high my dose was.
  • Posted

Hi,

Give the higher dose of Venlafaxine a go, the side effects can be unpleasant for a while but the higher dose worked for me.

So much so my anxiety has reached a level where I am able to  work again.

I hope the higher dose works  for you.

As for the Driving exam give yourself a fighting chance and do it when your feeling better.

Let me know how it goes

Jo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.