Venlafaxine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and BPD but not depression. That being said, I've been on loads of SSRI's including Citalopram, Prozac and Sertraline. I've also been on Mirtazapine, Trazodone and Duloxetine. 

The problem is, I still feel "depressed". I was wondering what class of antidepressant Venlafaxine is as I was on it before but only for about a week because it made me naseous. Was wondering what people's expericnes are on Venlafaxine although I know everyone reacts differently?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I believe that venlafaxine is an SNRI......serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor
  • Posted

How do you cope i feel my brain is shutting down
    • Posted

Try to do some small jobs or washing up, bed making, cleaning toilet/basin, read. I find if I sit down when anxious, the inactivity feeds the anxiety
    • Posted

I don't cope well at all. Fell into some bad habits (drugs, self harm etc.) because I felt no benefit from the GP's advice.

• Posted

I'm listening to a lot of music . I was watching reruns on tv

• Posted

Music does help. I used to listen to a LOT of Morrissey and even saw him live but all the health professionals said he would make me "more depressed". 

• Posted

Hello Andy, I have been on a small dose of Venlafaxine for a few years now and I have found it to be good.  I take 75mg a day.  It seems to keep me pretty stable without any side effects but, as you say, everyone reacts to AD,s differently.

I hope you find what is right for you and that you have some relief from your depression.

Pat xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.