Venlafaxine ..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I wouldn't have taken this stuff if I'd known the consequences if you forget to take it and the supplier runs out of this drug.. I have reduced my dose to half.. too afraid to reduce it further because of the side effects.. Not happy at all with this stuff at all.!! wish I'd never been prescribed it.. and that's been over 10 years ! I don't recommend reducing by yourself.. like I have.. though.. Always get your Doctor's advice..I only did it myself because supplies ran out and I was changed to a different ,slow release tablet and not told how to take it properly.. ended up overdosing.. and symptoms were the same as forgetting to take my usual tablets.. nightmare!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have a look at the Facebook group for discontinuation of effexor/venlafaxine. They recommend 10% reductions only and have lots of great advice on how to safely get off this awful drug.

• Posted

thanks found it and now I can't find it.. typical me !!

• Posted

I can't remember the name of the group.. found a few today.. but there are too many .. totally lost in FB Land .. hope you can help please ...

• Posted

I am in the same position existing on 37.5 and feel trapped

• Posted

Hiya, Im still on 150 mg redused from 300 mg.. I want to reduce it further but it's scarey.. Everyone has their opinion on this drug.. myself included.. I hate it..and I feel trapped within it.. just want off it now.. you're on a relatively small dose.. see your doctor.. about coming off it if that's what you want to do.. But.. if you're depressed.. then ask for an alternative medication.. Don't just stop taking it.. please.. let me know how you get on ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.