Venlafaxine 150 mg ER when do you take yours?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking this medication for 18 months now and have been taking it at about 8.30 am.

I have been finding that in the morning before I take the tablet I struggle to get going generally feeling sluggish. I should say at this point that I take the drug primarily to manage chronic pain and this has worked well. I have also noticed that if I take the drug and go back to sleep, it takes me a while to clear my head before fully waking up. I still struggle to get going.

I wonder if there is a better time to take the drug keeping in mind it is the extended release version.

I welcome your thoughts.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I've found splitting my dose much better I'm only on 75mg but I now take 37.5mg at 730 at night and 37.5mg in morning and I'm feeling nearly back to my old self

• Posted

I take 375 mg and take when I have my evening meal as you have to take it with food. This seems to work for me. The only thing that I have found is that I have put on a lot of weight. Do you have this problem?

• Posted

Oh yes! I have gained weight. Gone up a dress size but it is the trade off for being able to manage my pain.

• Posted

Oh yes! I have gained weight. Gone up a dress size but it is the trade off for being able to manage my pain.

• Posted

im only on 75 mg but i take mine around 5-6 pm with my evening meal. i find this to be the best time for me. i was told to take it at breakfast but i tried that and i would find that the next day i had increased anxiety and i would feel very tired and unwilling to do anything. light headead and nausea... but i find in the evening when i take them i feel perfect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.