Venlafaxine 150mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on venlafaxine now for two months , one month at 75 mg and second month on 150 mg I believe it has helped my depression a little , but the anxiety is just awful I'm afraid of my own shadow . Had to cancel two holidays as I feel I would just loose my mind if I went , asked Gp for 2 mg of diazepam to address the anxiety and he has prescribed me to take one PRN have taken one today and feel it has taken the edge of the anxiety Will venlafaxine eventually help this awful anxiety has anyone experienced this .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine, My longstanding anxiety was being worsened by a very difficult divorce and a car accident made things far worse.

Venlafaxine has freed me of it - it took about 4 months to work fully but I'm now on 150mg/day and no longer need to use Valiu at all.

Hang in there, it'll surprise you.

David

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

Has anything caused the anxiety and depression? Are you on the immediate or slow release tablets?

I've been on the XL version since 1st April. Started on 75mg then after 3 weeks increased to 112.5 and then 150mg. I've been a bit up and down but in general was doing much better.

Not sure why but this week I've been struggling a bit again. I get obsessive and irrational thoughts which take over my head and I struggle to control them.

Dr has increased me again yesterday by another 37.5. Really hoping this is just a blip.

Did you have these up's and down Mike?

• Posted

Dr says it has been the stress of my work over the past two years I started off in April taking 75 mg XL then after four weeks increased to 150mg I was so anxious with the increase also had the night sweats and general nausea , but I have persevered , due to the side effects the GP doesn't want to increase to 225 mg as I don't think I could handle another four weeks like the previous four , so that why she prescribed the 2mg diazepam for the anxiety , but Gp says I didn't get into this state overnight and it's going to take a while for my nervous system to settle down .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.