venlafaxine 4 stone weight gain!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Please could someone tell me how long i have to suffer these awful withdrawal symptons... Its my 3rd day of my reduced does of 37.5mg and i have pains in my head,my chest feels tight,terrible indigestion,wind pains in my side the list is endless!!!

Ive been on this med for 10 months and have gained 4 stone due to my incresed appitite for sweet thingseekI have no stop button and taking this med is making me not care about my weight. It has been brilliant for treating my anxiety and im only coming off it because im getting much to fat sad 

Please has ayone else experienced increased appitite with this med?

Many thanks Helen x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I guess I never thought of it as a side-effect of venlafaxine, but yes, I was on an eating rampage most days!!  Couldn't get enough sugar in my mouth!!  I'm almost a month off V and I'm still having withdrawal symptoms.  Mostly dizziness, tiredness, some insomnia.  I can't wait to be through all this!!  Be strong and if you are serious about going off, be prepared for a whole slew of withdrawal symptoms.  Check out The Road Back program.  It may be helpful.  Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Helen

Just like Kim has written it is a bit of a roller coaster.  I am on Day 17, but who is counting, and the journey continues.  Yesterday I had a good day with many of the symptoms seeming ineffectual compared to previous days and weeks however the day before was one of the blackest since I started.

So for me , the spaced out feeling, dizziness, macs,e aches and pains

• Posted

Replying on my iPad is a good way to build up the anxiety.  So previous symptoms plus neasuea, etc have all reduced, brain zaps have basically gone.  The anxiety and anger issues are still there.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your support and sharing your experiences with me xxx 
    • Posted

It's been great finding others out here that have gone through and are going through withdrawals from venlafaxine.  

Helen, best advice is to taper, taper, taper....very slowly and over as long a period as you can stand.  Quitting straight up is miserable.  I like to think I'm a darn strong woman, but this withdrawal path is wearing me down.  Wishing I had done a longer taper.

It's tough to find good resources online to help with withdrawal sympstoms.  I honestly don't think the medical community is prepared at all to deal with us and our withdrawals.

Apologies for sounding all doom and gloom but it's not been a pretty ride!

• Posted

Thanks Kim x I had to up my dose back up to 75mg as i felt anxiety chest pains back,! I did 5 days on 37.5mg x
    • Posted

Sorry to hear, Helen.  Best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.