Venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor had me on venlafaxine 75mg. They had me go see a psychiatrist and she upped me to 150mg. Do the side effects start over with the new dose? When Should I start seeing results from the med? Plus dose this med cause lower back pain?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi John, I just saw this response. But I left you a lengthy one just a few minutes ago. I am so thankful that I didn't have any side effects on this medication. I did with Lexapro.... My anxiety became worse even after 10 weeks.

But I started feeling better as soon as I stopped there Lexapro and went back on Effexor xr. And after 3 full weeks on Effexor xr, I feel practically back to normal!

• Posted

Tammy seems like the effexor xr makes me spaced out? Does this get better?
    • Posted

Hi John. I never felt spaced out on it. But your brain is just adjusting to it. When I first started it, it felt like bubbles popping in my head. If it doesn't clear up and you feel sick or worse on it after another few weeks, let your doctor know. I'm willing to bet that it's just an adjustment phase.

• Posted

I found on the higher dose the worse the side effects, so I started tapering I'm now on 37.5mg and still no help so luckily I have my physiatrist appointment next week 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.