Venlafaxine 75mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Going on Venlafaxine 75mg in week or 2 little worries been on fluoxetine and sertraline which are ssris but this new anti depressant is snri i don't know what tVenlafaxine 75mg won't know what to expect as to what side effects i might get worry's me

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I've also been on various SSRIs (Citalopram and Sertraline) over the last 7 years but both stopped working or didn't work at all! I weaned off Sertraline and started on 37.5mg of Venlafaxine initially without any particular side effects. I was eventually on 150mg but now reduced to 75mg (37.5 twice a day) due to a foggy brain! I started on it 14 months ago and purposefully didnt read any of the negative reviews/side effects because i knew that it would be psychosomatic for me. I can honestly say that its been great for me and has helped my anxiety,depression and overall function. Good luck, try it for yourself and keep an open mind.x x

• Posted

I'm currently on 150ml and have been taking it for several years. I know some people have had problems with it, but I haven't (even when I was taking a much higher dose) and it has helped me. Worth giving it a go.

• Posted

You also could have some initial side effects that in my case went away. I think it's important to give it 6 weeks or so if you do have any issues. It takes some time for the medication to work. In my case I had some nausea and dizziness. People say to take it with a meal at the same time each day. I'm able to take it without eating and can vary the time without issue.

I've gained weight both times that I've been on it. I believe it's considered weight neutral but that means that some gain, some lose and some stay the same with an overall average of being neutral. I'm tapering off because I'm on it for chronic migraines and I've found a newly released medication that helps more and targets only migraines. There are many many negative stories about withdrawal, but I'm not having many issues. Just some random stomach upset and bad mood. I wouldn't let them discourage you because everyone is different. Just be mindful that increases and decreases should be in small increments with time to adjust to the changes.

Good luck!!!

• Posted

Hi, hope it works for you . Please though make sure you take Venlafaxine at the same time each day,set an alarm to remind you and that way you will always remember.. I don't want to be negative but I have had several bad experiences because I forgot to take it and it's Not pleasant.. I hope it's a success for you though..

• Posted

Hi just letting you know i was on venlafaxine, had so much weight gain, i had two heart attack's and luckily survived but never been the same since dirty filthy muck of a drug, that was my experience of this horrible drug

• Posted

how much weight gain did you have i got to start them tmoz i'm only 11 stone and did you already suffer with heart problems

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your experiences. Hope you're on way to recovery. I didn't gain too much weight on it. I don't like Venlafaxine for different reasons.. Infact Hate it is more accurate. I've forgotten to take it a few times over the years and the adverse effects have been truly Terrible! People Thought I'd gone Crazy or Mad but, I didn't realise how I was behaving or acting..So I decided to reduce from 300mg a day to 150 a day Gradually.. over several months.. I want to come off it eventually.. Hope you are doing ok x

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I didn't gain weight on Venlafaxine.. it effects different people in different ways. I know it can affect Blood pressure though so I'd get that checked regularly if you are going to take Venlafaxine.. My personal experience of taking it hasn't been good for different reasons.. A Lot of Not Nice Experiences because of forgetting the occasional tablet then Completely.. Forgetting Id not taken it.. Get back to me if you want more information on this . as I'm So Angry that this Drug can cause such problems + the Drug companies "run out " of supplies.. Long story Hope I've not scared you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.