Venlafaxine 75mg should my dosage be increased advice please I'm desperate?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have been on Mortazapine 30mg and Venlafaxine 75mg now for a good few weeks with the Venlafaxine being introduced 4 weeks ago! Initially when I was on the Mirtazapine alone I didn't see any difference in my mood or anxiety but once the Venlafaxine was added into the regime I felt great and back to my normal self was so happy with zero anxiety! However the past week now I have had the anxiety come back and the low mood also and I can feel myself going back to the way I was before the Venlafaxine was added in! I have had a terrible weekend with crippling anxiety and have had to take diazepam which I haven't done in a long time! Do you think I would benefit from an increase in dosage of the Venlafaxine? As I am so desperate because this drug made me back to who I once was but I can slowly feel myself slipping away!! I have just left a voicemail on my psychiatrists telephone number asking can I be seen tomorrow regarding my medication! I'm not sure whether the dose I am now on is low and I would benefit from an increase? I am desperate you see as I have a 10 week old son and I am unable to look after him when feeling like this my mother has had to take him overnight for me! Comments would be most grateful thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well it's up to your psychiatrist to say what your dosage should be, but I can reassure you that there is scope to increase the venlafaxine. I've been on 30mg mirtazapine with 225mg venlafaxine for over 6 years, and that has kept me well. I hope you can find the right balance to suit you.
    • Posted

I really feel that I would benefit from an increase because I was feeling so good when the Venlafaxine was added in with the Mirt but now I'm feeling low again! I felt that all my worries and anxiety and depression lifted but now I can feel them coming back! The thing is though I don't want to come off the Venlafaxine because it has took me out of the dark hole I was in! Did you start off on a low dose of Venlafaxine? X
    • Posted

Yes I started on 75mg venlafaxine, and then it was increased in stages. The Mirtazapine was added later, when I had a relapse, at 15mg, then 30mg.
    • Posted

Hey Pixie

I am on 225mg of venlafaxine too, do you find it affects you in the morning?

• Posted

Maybe that's what I need then is an increase in the Venlafaxine because I did see a huge difference when it was first started! Xx
    • Posted

Hi Louise. I take 150mg at night, and 75mg on waking in the morning, all sustained release venlalic, and I notice no ill effects. Actually I sometimes forget the 75mg in the morning, and don't notice any difference!
    • Posted

Thanks Pixie, I take mine during the day. I was on citalopram before and have been on Venlafaxine for a few months, has helped a lot.
  • Posted

I went from 35mg to maxium dose of 225mg as the drug didnt help my anxiety at all and caused rotten side effects and then had to withdraw which was torture.

Currently on 2 x25mg lyrica a day to help with anxiety and xanax when needed, still dont feel right but getting there. Have appointment wit my Mental health doctor soon so ill see how that goes

• Posted

Hi Ellebi

What side effects did you get when you were on venlafaxine?

• Posted

When I was on in, firstly It didnt help my anxiety at all and my sleeping pattern was all over the place, couldnt sleep very well and I was sweating like a pig, unbelieveable sweating, felt anxious on them also because they werent working. Just not a nice drug at all
  • Posted

Hi I had my dosage increased to 150mg 6 days ago now and I've noticed I've felt very nervous/excited which makes me anxious I'm also feeling very weird like in some sort of dream state and feel a bit numb at first I had to take diazapam because I felt really anxious but haven't needed to take it the past two days! Just feel really weird and have a weird feeling in my head too! Is this normal??? Oh I'm also feeling really tired too! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.