Venlafaxine 75mg Tablets disappearing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone else, who was on 300mg a day of the 75mg Tablets and now been given the Subsitute VENLALIC XL 150mg. Had Sudden Withdrawal symptoms ? I have and I am Not happy at all , it has caused me a lot of problems.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem in fact I accused my doctor of giving me empty pills! Insist on been prescribed capsules by your doctor
    • Posted

That's what I was on a few years ago, then I was changed to Tablets. I assumed that the Modified ones were going to be capsules, not other tablets with a coating. Had no choice but to take them and didn't think I would have a problem. Now. Well I'll take your advice and see where I get at GPs providing I can get past the Guard-Receptionists..that is.. Thanks

• Posted

Oh yes the receptionists! Ours have started questioning me so I don't bother going anymore. My gp kept trying to sneak tablets onto my prescription but I kept giving them back to the pharmacist. They also gave me gastritis which went away once I was back on capsules. Good luck

• Posted

Yes they are fierce.. I'm going to ask for a phone consultation so I can avoid the Surgery. Ahh. I was throwing-up a couple of days after starting the Substitute tablets, I just thought it was because I was coughing as I have had a bad cold. I will point that out to GP also. Thanks

• Posted

I take 300 mg venlafaxine and my pills have always been the 150 mg red capsules. I live in Canada and so far I haven't had any problems getting my medication. If you are taking 300 mg, maybe they could switch you to 150 mg pills. Mine are the 150 mg XR. I hope you find a solution soon. Take care.

• Posted

So do I Thanks. I'm just totally annoyed that a very important medication can just vanish and the stuff I've been given has had such an adverse reaction that I was Not told Could happen and it's caused me some personal problems that could have been a disaster ! It's the pills that are the problem.I started off on A) Capsules..then B) Tablets.. Now these C) prolonged- release tablets that have caused me to have a reaction to Suddenly stopping B) Thankyou for your advice

• Posted

I have always been on the extended release capsules. They work so well for me I would be very concerned if they were changed because you usually have to taper off antidepressants even if you are switching to a new one. Sorry you are having such a bad time. Were the other tablets working well for you? Did you ask if it was possible to get the same ones in 150 mg instead of 75 mg? Let me know how you make out. I can certainly understand why you are upset about a changs like that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.