Venlafaxine and Antihistamine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, does anybody know if I can take antihistamines with venlafaxine? seem to have developed hay fever for the first time ever!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I'm on 75mg Venlaflaxine and take antihistamines frequently and don't have a problem.  I make sure to take the non-drowsy ones though. Good luck

• Posted

Yep.. another thing to bring us down. 😉 I take antihistamines for hay fever no problem. Infact I've heard antihistamines help when tapering too. 🙃

• Posted

Hello.

I am new to this site.

I take Pristiq. I started taking Benadryl to help me sleep but after I started the Benadryl I started to have reduction in my pain and I started walking again after being on crutches for a year.

I have CRPS in my right foot and leg.

I was in an ATV accident June 22, 2015 that crushed my right foot.

The doctor put me on Hydroxyzine HCL 25mg in May of this year. It is a prescription antihistamine that helps with anxiety and sleep.

I don't care for it as I have side effects from it so I am weaning off of it. I took a quarter of a pill last night and tonight I am experiencing some pain in my foot that I haven't felt for a while.

I never made the connection to the antihistamine being the drug that was helping my pain until now. I had wondered if the antihistamines were helping but never really knew for sure.

I think that the antihistamines definitely help with the pain of CRPS.

Well, it's either back to Benadryl or up the dosage of the Hydroxyzine.

Take care everyone.

• Posted

Yes i have hayfever and take clarityn and on 150mg of venlafaxine xl, i just get a very dry mouth as a side effect of both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.