Venlafaxine and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

can it take 8 weeks for venlafaxine to work

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes of course.

• Posted

its been a long while since i started but i remember 3 months in. depending on your initial emotional state it can take awhile or be quick. also then your dose may need to be adjusted during the course. many factors take into account before status quo is reached.. need to couple it with psychotherapy as well.

• Posted

thanks Cheryl, what does are you on today 17 days for me on 75 your post gave me hope that this might work for me again

• Posted

glad to help. 17 days is much to soon to see any normalization so stick with it as long as it doesnt cause any uncomfortable side effects in which case switch to something else.

im currently tapering so my dose is now 13mg.

• Posted

37.5mg since 2010. failed taper in 2016 cause too fast. started tapering again since 2017. going slow this time around.

• Posted

last time it worked for me much quicker at 75 l will not go higher. i have been on this dose for 23 days i hope it helps my anxiety

• Posted

I see this post is 2 months old but just wanted to comment on the added psychotherapy treatment. If only, all the treatments are available they say, but when you ask are told the waiting lists are at least a year long, unless you go private of course????

• Posted

does venn help with intrusive thoughts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.