Venlafaxine and feeling so tired

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm on 150mg of venlafaxine and I'm so tired. I'm lethargic and unmotivated. I'm craving junk food and struggling to look after my 3 children and remain positive.

I'm told that my gp wants to up my dose and I'm really worried this will make me a zombie and in bed constantly!

Will this wear off....I've been on this dose for about 2 weeks

Thanks 😴😪

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I was on this drug for about 6 months and to be honest the worst 6 months of my life. I started this forum about 1 year ago and the amount of people that shared their side effects was unbelievable.

This was the common list of side effects:-

Sweating

Feeling of flu like symptoms

Dizzy head

Aches and pains

No energy

Unable to sleep

Lethargic

Confusion

Depression worsened

Anxiety worsened

Rapid heart beat and many more

Most anti depressants take about 2 - 4 weeks for the side effects to subside but these tablets didn't and coming off them was the best decision I ever made.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Thanks. I'm at the end of my tether really I don't tried and failed with most SSRIs and so I've been put on these! I was hoping to feel 'wired' like I've read but these are knocking me for 6.

Looks like I'll have to go back to my long suffering gp and ask for a review

• Posted

hi, having failed a few of these meds this is now being offered.  Your side effects are similar tomthise imhad on sertraline.  Did younfind anything that worked for you, i wonder if doing nothing is better than this.
  • Posted

I'm reducing from 225 for the same reasons, I've been on them since last June and had absolutely no lift in mood.

• Posted

I'm just so frustrated as was hoping it would be the magic pill after trying ssri and not getting anywhere.

Good luck I hope you can find other more suitable Meds x

• Posted

You hear of lots of people who are helped by venlafaxine and it gives them energy and motivation but a percentage of us are left tired on them
  • Posted

I was supposed to take these in the morning but they made me so sleepy I went against orders and now take them at night instead.  I'm on 225mg @tm, not prepared to go higher.

Been prescribed mirtazipine too now, but that's another story...

• Posted

Hi, inhavebtried sertraline and others with no success.  Venlafaxine suggested but i am scared about same side effects again, if not worse.  Dont know what tomsay to psych about my sensitivity to meds.  Have mirtaz at low dose for sleep, what domyounthink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.