Venlafaxine and nervousness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone suffer nervousness when starting Ven? I have been taking it now for approx 6 weeks started on 75mg and was increased to 150mg 9 days ago! I also take mirtazapine which was increased yesterday to 45mg! However I keep getting waves of nervousness and my stomach keeps doing somersaults and it is sending my anxiety soaring! Just wondering if anyone else had this side effect and when will it ease! Just want my anxiety to go! Thank you! X

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte I'm on 150mg a day was on 75mg for 2 weeks with citalopram and last 3 weeks at 75 it's self. I feel really anxious and nervous also I feel tired at spells during the day and other times I can't stop moving about its wearing me out now I just want it to settle also xx
    • Posted

Sorry 150mg the last 3 weeks x
    • Posted

Are you taking this for anxiety also? I really hope it settles down soon it's horrible my stomach keeps doing flips and it kicks off my anxiety! I'm also finding that this nervousness is making me worry about things I needn't worry about!! I hope it stops x
    • Posted

I also have the tiredness! Not good for me feeling like this because I have a 12 week old son xxx
    • Posted

I'm taking it for anxiety and depression but I don't feel as down as I was just tired and the anxiety when I'm sitting still I feel as though I'm trembling inside and if I get a small pain I think something's wrong so I need to try remind myself it's only the anxiety. I have a 3 year old and she is a ball of energy and she does help me by keeping me busy. Lol xx
  • Posted

I have had terrible anxiety since coming off venlafaxine and going onto mirtazipine. I took diazepam for a few days, but even now finances, social events etc fill me with dread xx
  • Posted

I can't comment on mirtazapine but venlafaxine did make me more anxious before I felt better. Things improved for me with time and when I found my optimum dosage.

Hope you can work out what works best for you.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! Did you also feel this jittery/nervous feeling when starting and increasing? I just feel totally on edge and I hope it subsides xx
    • Posted

Yes I remember that, You're not alone. For me it went the other way with time and helped to relax me. Hope it does for you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.