venlafaxine and no sleep plus metal taste

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been on 150mg venlafaxine slow release for 4 months.

As any of you on venlafaxine had any of these side effects,

Each night I go to bed I am lay there could be hours due to my mind not switching off to active,

Then I prob get 2 hours sleep and wake again like this all through the night on and off.

I am so tired and can't carry on like this anymore

Zopiclone gives me a metal taste or is it the venlafaxine?? Is horrible I also have a tight feeling in my jaw.

Ativax I can't wake up properly on this very groggy wanting to go back to sleep

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am on the slow release Venlaxafine 225mg. I stared taking it in the evening / at night and coiuldn'tsleep a wink. Crisis team told me take it in the morning and I've been sleeping like a baby ever since!

I got a terrible metallic taste with zopiclone (which didn't help anyway).

Try switching time for takinf meds and never later than 7pm.

Good luck xxc

• Posted

I have been taking venlafaxine for many years. I take it at 5pm. My problem is I am tired in the day until

about 5pm. I do take other strong medication foe back problems. I wish I could solve the problem of falling asleep during the day.

• Posted

i was taking venalflaxine recently no sleep, metal taste in mouth also feeling sick all the time. i gave them 6 months and asked to be changed to something different as the side effects did not ease at all
    • Posted

I'm on velafaxine and i get a metallic taste coming into my mouth every now and again from only one side of my mouth its very strange! Can you remember if this was similar for you?

It's a while ago for you I know

thank you

• Posted

I'm on velafaxine and i get a metallic taste coming into my mouth every now and again from only one side of my mouth its very strange! Can you remember if this was similar for you?

It's a while ago for you I know

thank you

• Posted

I've been on 75mg for the past month and I have that metal taste too. I can't eat eggs anymore either, because I get a weird taste from them, as well. Almost like they're burnt or made from something with chemicals in it.

• Posted

The thing to remember with all these meds is never take them on an empty stomach.

Now I take the Venlaxafine with breakfast I not only sleep at night (she says as she sits up at 2.30am, but

that's exceptional), but were I not now on the Carbomazapine too, would be fine all day (I do need a siesta

in the afternoon now.)

It might be differemt if you are not on slow release tabs though. I also have Quetiapine, Co-codamol,

Ibuprofen, HRT, Anti-histamine, Ramipril, Omneprazole....can't remember what else but I do rattle lol!

I think with most of these Psych meds, it's a case of finding what works best for you. I have been lucky,

apart from the sleep problems initially, I haven't had any side effects from Venlafaxine!

Big hugs xxx

• Posted

Hi, i was the same on the medication i couldn't sleep at night, my brainwouldnot shut down. I was given a lowdose of sequel help me shut down and relax. In the end i kept getting hypermania and swapped to prozac. I miss feeling extreem happiness but know it was not a good symptom and can sleep most of the time with out sequel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.