venlafaxine and pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all ive posted about other symptoms with this med  i was on 75mg then 150mg and now been on 225mg for three weeks , over past three years ive had citalopram 20, 30, 40mg and was put on venlafaxine in may 2015 ive had some really bad emotional days constipation so bad ive cried in pain and this morning ive got stiff neck pains in tops of my legs and pain in my shoulders and tops of my arms im having trouble lifting my arms up feel so stiff has anyone else ha these sort of symptoms on venlafaxine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had the constipation, but not the other symptoms - does anybody you know have 'flu or a bad cold? Are you sure you're not ill with something like that? If not I suggest contacting your doctor.
    • Posted

thankyou for your reply, no no one in the house is ill and i dont go out so havent been in contact with anyone who may be ill, seeing my dr next week as hes on holiday atm. many thanks, jayne :-)
  • Posted

Hi Jayne

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. When I first started venlafaxine I had nausea and the jitters, but that passed after a week. I eat fruit and find that helps the constipation. Don't get any aches and pains, though.

Lou x

• Posted

HI LOUISE, I EAT LOADS OF FRUIT AND VEG PASTA ETC BEEN ON VEN 225MG FOR THREE WEEKS DIDNT HAVE THESE SYMPTOMS WHEN 1ST STARTED, thanks for the reply though jayne :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.