Venlafaxine and weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been on 75mg for about 3 weeks now and have noticed my appetite has increased. The side effects stated I could either gain or lose weight, and it seems I'm hungrier. I'm also feeling really depressed also too. I'm seeing my guy in a couple of weeks and am considering asking him to increase my dose but I'm worried I'll gain more weight. thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think that once you up the dose you might lose weight but then it will level out. It takes eight weeks to work and the higher the dose the more side effects but 150mg is ok. I think the weight gain or loss is not a lot. I found I ate less at first but I wasn't eating much because of stress.

• Posted

I'm a gastric bypass patient so gaining isn't an option but it's happening. I dunno if it's cause I'm low though

• Posted

This might some strange but are you taking the white ones or pinkish brow ? I am in the UK and have had both .I am told they are the same but definitely have effected my eatting . Feel sick and not hungry all day on pinkish ones then eat the fridge lafter until my insides hurt but still want to eat . Also fatigue is bad . White ones did not feel sick so ate better also fatigue not so bad , but the chemist has told me they are all the same just different drug company . My answer to that was cheap brand different side effects ! Beans are beans but millions of people prefer heinz and supermarkets value beans do taste different ! It's all price that's my theory .  I was increased up to 240mg a day I think it was, last year within a few weeks, just wanted to lie in bed sleep, I went cold turkey not a good idea . Back in 75mg a day missed yesterday going to half them tomorrow head ache and cold sweat has started already that's how I am wide awake at this time! it's all individual but I don't like the drug . Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.