Venlafaxine and zopiclone - be careful!

Posted , 2 users are following.

In an earlier discussion re. sleeping, I posted that I was taking zopiclone to help me sleep. I did warn that it was a somewhat troublesome drug, but I feel I should add a further warning after my experiences,

I'm on 150mg per day Venlafaxine, into fifth week (after three weeks on 70mg per day) and after getting over the side effects and starting to feel better I was horrified to suddenly "crash" and have about a week or so feeling as bad as I did originally. I've been taking 3.75mg (half a tablet) of zopiclone each night, and was a bit worried about this as I know it's a powerful drug - last night I reduced to a quarter tablet - today I've noticed a considerable improvement - I'm thinking the zopiclone isn't sitting well with the Venlafaxine, and I'm going to stop taking it altogether.

So - be aware - treat zopiclone with very great care and avoid it if you can whilst on Venlafaxine!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Good advice to pass on from your experience
    • Posted

Thanks, Patricia (or will Pat do?)

I've found this forum very helpful, only fair to give something back when I can.

Take care,

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.