Venlafaxine BRAIN ZAPS

Posted , 10 users are following.

all , i keep seeing posts about brain zapsWhat do you all define as a brain zap

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

its like a little jolt in your brain,

doesnt hurt, only happens briefly, and for me, only when i start an anti depressant, although thinking about it, could be caused from the one just stopped.

• Posted

If you miss a dose then you may feel, at the back of your head, a sort of buzz buzz or zzz zzz hope you can understand what I mean by that as it's the only way I can describe what it's like.. Hope this helps you

• Posted

When i got them it was like a pulse of electricity shooting through my head and making my brain buzz.

• Posted

I'd describe it as like when you drink a very cold drink and it hurts your head... But everyone's different

• Posted

everyone who responded is correct...its like a zzzzzzzap to the head

• Posted

Hi,

well, what people on here class as brain zaps, I think, is what I have described to myself as like an electric charge in the skull - in a split second it flies right around the head leaving one dizzy and unbalanced. It is both a weird and a painful experience.

P.

• Posted

Hey!

For me, it's not so much brain zaps as it is spinal cord zaps...

If I'm late for my dose, I'll start having vertigo and then I get a sensation like "electric shocks" from the spine that radiates outward...

I'd say a little like an adrenaline rush on steroids...

• Posted

For me it typically feels as though a jolt of electricity goes through my head. Sometimes it is just slight buzzing, other times it feels like electric shock. Usually happens when I move my head from one postion to another or when I go to stand up from sitting down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.