Venlafaxine er withdrawals

Posted , 10 users are following.

2 weeks since I've slowly tried to taper off this crazy drug and I feel terrible really anxious almost had a panic attack a couple times shaky nervous body aches and pains any suggestions of how long this might last and what more to expect???????

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya, you did the right thing by tapering because I went cold turkey and went into what I could only describe as psychosis. Have you stopped taking it completely now or what dose are you down to? And how long did you take it before you stopped and at what dose? Everyone is different with how they metabolise medications but it depends how far you have tapered.
    • Posted

Hi shtutty I'm tapering off of 75mg by taking it 6hrs late everyday for 2 weeks and adding two hours more every two weeks after that what do you think and thanks for your reply smile

• Posted

Hey, I would say you are better off reducing the dose rather than adjusting the time you take it. So you could either cut the tablets up or go to the doc and get some lower dose pills to taper with. Don't just quit though, trust me, I thought it would be best to get it out my system quick as possible but it was the worst thing I've ever done!

• Posted

Your right and yes I know it's terrible just tapering off I can imagine just going cold turkey n thanks for the advice

• Posted

Hi there, I was on this drug for 5 years and knew if I'd forgotten a dose, side effects were terrible. 

I decided to come off back in September, saw my GP and over the last 6 weeks I have reduced the dosage. I ended up taking 37.5mg every other day. 

Last weekend I decided enough was enough and took my last tablet on Saturday. I can honestly say it's been horrendous. The side effects are awful...brain zaps, nausea, general feeling of unwell, headaches, aching etc etc. My GP signed me off work!  However, I started taking Omega 3 fish oils, vitamin B complex and vitamin E. The same day I started taking these I began to feel human again. Today I've been free of this awful medication for one week and can honestly say I will never take it again. 

I was put on it for feeling anxious, I was never warned of withdrawal etc. 

Good luck! 

• Posted

Hi I've gone from 150ml to taking 137.5mg for past 3 weeks. Today I've started a 75mg for next 3 weeks and so forth till I will be on the 37.5mg every 2nd day, like u, with looking at the stopping.

I haven't noticed anything significant yet, maybe a bit more emotional, but who doesn't get that way. Maybe I will start noticing side effects now I'm on a 75mg half dosage.

I will keep you briefed as it looks like you are doing similar to me. I've got yoga tonight which always helps, ciao for now Mary:-)

I w

• Posted

N.B. Sam I am also taking Omega 3 etc. in form of Linseed. This is on my own investigations bit my GP's advise!

• Posted

*not
    • Posted

Hi

I wish you all the very best. Always best to taper slowly. I've also been a tad more emotional over silly things really but expected that.

You will feel so much better when you no longer have to take them.

I'm going back to work this week as all my side effects have now stopped.

My GP wasn't very helpful at all, they didn't know of any withdrawal effects etc. Like yourself I investigated and began the vitamins which I believe have really helped.

Keep at it...you'll get there!!!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.