Posted , 3 users are following.

anybody been on Venlafaxine fod GAD?

does it help?

side effects?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I've known a lot of people benefit from this medicine, and some who haven't.

Mostly positive outcomes are recorded.

It DOES help about 85% of people who take it.

Side-effects are the usual ones for this kind of medicine - dizziness, dry mouth, sexual problems, hard to pass urine - but you'll find all the side-effects in the leaflet that came with the box of medicine.

if you didn't get a leaflet, ask your pharmacy for one - they're supposed to put a Patient Information Leaflet in with all medicines.

I haven't taken it myself, but as a nurse I have seen a lot of people on it.

Don't worry about this next bit - it is now being prescribed for some kinds of dementia lol. They never give up, do they? Drug companies, I mean.

Don't let that put you off taking it, though. Give it a chance. it takes between four and eight weeks to kick in. You may or may not feel side-effects, but they generally go away before or at week five, so stick with them.

Hope this helps,

love Tess xxx

• Posted

thank you for your insight being a nurse its been really helpful

sadly my body didn't react well to venlafaxine i couldn't bare the sick feeling as it made my anxiety significantly worse as my anxiety levels reach a peak when i am sick and often have panic attacks

• Posted

For more information on this drug go on NHS CHOICES on mediation A-Z they give good informed reports, that you would expect

It is importand that you do not stop taking this medication, allow at least five + weeks to benefit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.