Venlafaxine for Menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today I was given Venlafaxine to help me cope with hot flushes, I had a bad reaction to them and also found out they're antipsycoti drugs. I feel like I've had a general anaesthetic, does anyone know of some successful remedy, because I can't take hrt? Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Not really. Sorry about your bad reaction to the medication. I am trying to find ways to get my sleep at night with out taking medications because i myself have had bad reactions to meds 
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I haven't found anything that works. I started the menopause aged 39 & am now 50 and still get hot flushes. I have had breast cancer so cant take HRT. I tried black cohosh &  increasing soya but it didnt make any difference...however, it may be worth a try as some people say it helps.
    • Posted

Thanks, at the moment I'll try anything to relieve these dreadful symptoms
  • Posted

Hi Karen

I have started taking 1 Benadryl (anti alergy) tablet each night before I go to bed, it has stopped the hot flush, no idea how long it will last, i've been on them for 7 days now!  give it a go!

• Posted

What a good idea, Benadryl are widely available, thanks I will give it a try.
    • Posted

Good luck Karen, let us know how the Benadryl works for you! There is a couple of different ones but anyone should do!

• Posted

Benadryl can stop hot flashes i did not know that how do you sleep with it 

When i take it it seems like i am a little edgy slept once when i took it but then a little on the edge with it. 

I need something to really help me relax and sleep at night fed up with walking the floor of my appartment fed up with crying and just feeling wide awake at night 

What else will help me please any advise

• Posted

Sleeping pattern has changed a lot recently, I wake up about 3 or 4 times during the night. When I go out and do lots of exercise I'm tired and hopeful that I can sleep thru but it doesn't happen. I don't know if anyone else has to go to the bathroom more than once during the night, I think that's a menopause symptom?
    • Posted

Hi Susan - I sleep well with it but you shold try taking 1/2 a tablet instead?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.