Venlafaxine Free

Posted , 4 users are following.

As most of you no me by now (LOL) that I have not had a to great a time weaning myself from this Devils advocate of a drug, but I'm pleased to say I have so far made it.

I have been Venlafaxine free now for Four day's and doing ok... here's my story.

Back early beginning of Winter 2017 I was prescribed Venlafaxine 150mg for "Depression & Anxiety" it was almost immediately that I realized that for me anyway this Drug was not only NOT helping, but also not really doing anything apart from give me anger, and sleep, sleep and more oversleeping.

I had no help for the weaning process apart from the wonderful community of the patients forum support..Thankyou.

For the first One & a half months I took the 150mg a day, and literally for that long before I decided to drop the dosage dramatically to 1/2 of a tablet to which I stuck on & too till around about a February 2018.

In March I cut that tablet in 1/2 again and literally just stick to that till now (April) 2018 and in the process started my Phyciatrist Care to see what they could offer/help my GP with medication wise as I'd tried virtually ALL antidepressants available for well....what I thought was Depression & Anxiety.

Four nights ago I cut all the Venlafaxine out full stop & no withdrawal anymore 😊 it can be done although still early days but I'm doing ok everyone.

In the meantime I've also found out that for the best part of my 20 years gone that it is not even depression I'm suffering with hence that's why particular medication was not working for me...I have PTSD post traumatic stress disorder.

My second appointment with the phyciatrist shouldn't be far of to begin what they feel best medication wise omg with REM 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow Christina what a dang trip huh??????  I’m also weaning off Ven. I’m on my 9th day of 37.5 and today I woke up dizzier than hell. Not so bad now but I know what I’m dealing with anyhow. I plan on staying at this dose for 4 to 6 weeks and then I’m gonna start by taking out 15 to 20 granuals out of my pills every 10 days to 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be off completely during the summer sometime!!!!!  I know there are 100 granuals in each pill. Lol. I will take my time and hopefully minimize my withdrawal symptoms. Hope ur still doing good and enjoy your day!!!!!
    • Posted

Hi John059 yes indeed it was a trip! I'd wondered for many years why these antidepressants I'd been being prescribed were not working, and now we no due to post traumatic stress disorder what X veterans get after war. My Venlafaxine were very hard to do, as mine were not containing seeds, it was like a paracetamol pill you no. However yes now your on the lowest dose of 37.5mg try and half that dose again and, take the next dosage for around 5 to 6 weeks. 

The Dizziness is completely normal, so to are brain zaps and they will slowly lessen as you stay on the next dosage. If it's any comfort to you, in the words of my Phyciatrist "and the brain zaps, and Dizziness yes totally normal. Its where the brain wires are all going crazy feed me..feed me more". So yes ignore that, that's your body saying 'go on just take the rest' 😂 the 37.5mg I just went STRAIGHT in half and, stuck to that till a good few days back, then left it out one night...was ok so tried night Two...was ok and so forth.

Please note that I am not a trained professional, and this is only worked well for me.. Good luck 

• Posted

Hi John059 yes indeed it was a trip! I'd wondered for many years why these antidepressants I'd been being prescribed were not working, and now we no due to post traumatic stress disorder what X veterans get after war. My Venlafaxine were very hard to do, as mine were not containing seeds, it was like a paracetamol pill you no. However yes now your on the lowest dose of 37.5mg try and half that dose again and, take the next dosage for around 5 to 6 weeks. 

The Dizziness is completely normal, so to are brain zaps and they will slowly lessen as you stay on the next dosage. If it's any comfort to you, in the words of my Phyciatrist "and the brain zaps, and Dizziness yes totally normal. Its where the brain wires are all going crazy feed me..feed me more". So yes ignore that, that's your body saying 'go on just take the rest' 😂 the 37.5mg I just went STRAIGHT in half and, stuck to that till a good few days back, then left it out one night...was ok so tried night Two...was ok and so forth.

Please note that I am not a trained professional, and this is only worked well for me.. Good luck 

• Posted

I suffer from anxiaty and depression and depersonalization i been on Velantafaxine 75mg for 7 months and i have had calm momments but most are bad depersonalization, confussion. Today i had a appt with my Gp and she decided to change my antidepressants from Velantafaxine to Escitalopram 10mg I am very concernd of why the Venlatafaxine did not work for me i suffered all the scariest side effects of it and i am now scared to go trough at it again i am very scared that this depersonalization might never go away😢😔😥

• Posted

Good morning Christina. I plan on taking my time, as I have said, to get off the last 37.5 mg’s. Hopefully that will be the last of the AD’s for me. I was soooo naiive when I started these and my Dr at the time did not share with me the side effects or what to expect. I know better now. Lol. I just want my lfe back!!!!!!!  Enjoy your day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.