Venlafaxine- how long does it take to work and does anyone have another med with it?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have just started venlafaxine after taking duloxitine for 6 months with no great effect! I was on citalapram for 4 years and fine and then it all went wrong again! duloxitine didnt do much!

Symptom wise i have intense anxiety which leads to depression! Symptoms can be really bad. Not eating, panic waves of fear that turn me very low! im fine at work as distracted!

Started venlafaxine 2 weeks ago! Started on 75mg of venlafaxine and 60mg of my old dulox as coming off that. Then did a walk on 150mg and now I have just started my proper dose of 150mg in the am and 75mg in the pm!

What I wanted to ask is how long it took ppl to see the effects on their mood and anxiety? Has anyone mixed it with another antidepressant like mirtazapine? And if so why?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.