VENLAFAXINE Increase - advice needed.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with clinical depression and anxiety for the last three months. Finally prescribed 37.5mg Venlafaxine for two weeks and then increased to 75mg for a further two weeks, noticed a very small improvement. Then in the last week, dose increased to 150mg. Since then my anxiety levels have risen and have become more tearful - has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks,

Ben

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Ben,

I've been on Venlafaxine for 4 years so I definitely have experience with unwanted side effects. While anxiety wasn't a symptom I got when increasing doses, it is normal to get side effects such as this when going up a dose and it can take a couple weeks for those to settle. However, I think during this process it's important to have really open conversations with your gp on a regular basis. I would definitely speak to them about this. When you first start taking antidepressants it can sometimes take a couple of tries to find the one that works best for you. I think I went through about 3 or 4 other medications before starting venlafaxine. Your doctor is the best person to advise you on whether it would be best to stick it out or try another medication. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Alisha.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.