Venlafaxine increase. Awful headaches :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

A week ago I increased from 150mg to 225mg. At first I felt very jittery and anxious but that seems to have passed and since yesterday I've had an awful headache! Painkillers don't really do much, the only thing that seems to relieve it is laying down and relaxing/sleeping. Has anyone else had this issue and how long did it last? I don't remember having headaches like this on previous increases sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I will soon be increasing to 225mg so will keep you posted. 
    • Posted

I began last Friday. So far okish but very tired and extra hot sweats. I am 44 though and could be peri menopause. Doc seemed rather frustrated with me which didn’t help. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing but if this doesn’t help I’ll probably start tapering off. It’s early days and I seem to be dealing ok with the side effects. We’ll see. I hope I’ve been of some help to you x
    • Posted

I'm also 44! I sometimes wonder how much of the anxiety is down to being peri-menopausal! I definitely noticed a big increase in hot flushes. That's a shame about your doctor. I've been feeling better side effects wise over the last few days however I'm feeling very anxious right now sad

• Posted

Did you have awful aniety for the first month/
    • Posted

For the first week I definitely had an increase in anxiety. How are you feeling now?
  • Posted

Slowly improving 23 days on 75mg still get mild stomach issues from constipation.
    • Posted

Headaches lasted just over a week all in all. Feeling better each day now smile Its been 27 days since I increased now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.