Venlafaxine increase help please

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, i have been on venlafaxine 4 months. 2 weeks 75mgs, 2 weeks 150 mgs. 10 weeks 225mgs and now 5 weeks 300mgs. at 8 weeks on 225mgs i started seeing some improvements and was able to push myself more but i still wasnt myself. pysch increased me to 300mgs. since the increase i seem to have lost those improvements i made and feel very tired, low, anxious and tense. im back to wanting to nap most days and dont have interest in anything. as i saw improvments on 225mgs after 8 weeks i was wondering if it will take the same amount of time on 300mgs or if i should reduce back down. i get myself so worried and worked up over it. i spoke to pysch who basically said its up to me! i guess im panicking if i wait longer and 300mgs doesnt kick in. although many people have said to give it longer i cant help but worry. it it normal to feel youve gone backwards after an increase? and can an increase take this long to work? thankyou in advance, vicki x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.