Venlafaxine is maybe not ADDICTIVE but it's a NIGHTMARE IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE IT !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well, it's too long a story but if you are taking Venlafaxine, set an alarm to remind you to take it On Time Every Day! If you forget to take it the consequences can be bad! Just telling this because of the impact of forgetting to take it was Really Bad for Me.. It's difficult to explain but I'll Try if anyone wants to know!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would like to know please Regards Cora

• Posted

About a year ago my pharmacy ran out, but didn't tell me so when I went to get it they just told me they were too busy and to come back later. Long story short, after 3 days without taking it bc I'd run out, I went inside at 9:00pm, yelling at them to fill it NOW, and had a full blown panic attack in the middle of the CVS Pharmacy line (omg, so embarrassing). I remember sitting on the bench waiting, just sobbing and shaking but at the same time thinking "whyyy am I freaking out. CALM. DOWN." But I couldn't.

When they came around the counter with it I popped one right there and my fiance had to come get me and drive me home because I was so distraught. And that was on a very low dose of 37.5mg tablets twice/daily, after just a few days without. I never missed a dose after that.

• Posted

how is it for you?

when i forget to take mine i just geel really drowsy and tired and a little light headed/off balance.

• Posted

if I forget one day, I get very impatient and bad tempered. I ache all over and feel sick. I get proper withdrawals. I used to take 450mg. I'm down to 75mg now. I was on 37.5mg but started to feel low again. it's the only medication that has worked for me. So I don't regret taking it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.