Venlafaxine lip clenching

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all!

I have read that various people on venlafaxine experience jaw clenching. I'm unsure if I do this at night (I used to years ago, before any major anxiety symptoms) but I do notice something else. I catch myself doing it all the time...and let's just say, "It ain't pretty!"

I have been clenching my lips in a way that I can only describe as the grumpy cat. You remember the one...the unimpressed looking kitty with the frown. Yeah, that's me. I do it so much that it's starting to give me the frown lines even when I have my face at rest. When I catch myself doing it I feel like a grumpy old Grammy sitting in my recliner reading the paper and hating life. lol

Anyway, wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not sure it's worth a trip to my GP as this is one of the only side effects I'm experiencing. I am sure, though, that I don't want to be all grumpy-cat-looking for the rest of my life! That would be an ironic catch all in itself.

Thanks in advance folks 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've noticed I'm doing this like screwing my face up like if u think your too g too sneeze but I'm not going too sneeze at all. I also have like a nervous noise like I'm clearing my throat it's all anxiety I'm sure but I feel.lfeel.likd a right dafty for doing it but can't stop xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.