Venlafaxine Pharmacy say it's "out of stock"AGAIN!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, Me Again.. I cannot wait to get off Venlafaxine !! If it's out of stock what are we meant to do ?!!! Pharmacy say it's out of stock yet AGAIN!! Ive halved my dose over 2 years and want off it completely! too scared to reduce it further at the moment as it's so difficult to do without horrible side effects.. Definitely going to reduce bit by bit in New Year. That's for sure. it's caused me a lot of problems and I wish I'd Never been prescribed it at all !! If it helps you.. that's good. but it's not for me and Don't forget any dose or it could possibly drive you crazy as it has for Me.. though you won't realize it at the time.. you think you're "normal" but you aren't! I hope this helps people because I had No Idea that forgetting a couple of tablets could lead to completely forgetting for at least a couple of weeks with consequences I couldn't have imagined !! If you're on Venlafaxine ..Never forget to take it.. Sorry to be so negative but it's ruined part of my life!! Take care everyone..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have never experienced Venlafaxine being out of stock, but I do live in central London so maybe there is more availability. Next time you get your prescription I would ask for extra to cover the time in case it is out of stock. Or ask to increase your dose and get prescribed twice the amount. I built up about a 3 months supply at one point.

• Posted

I've dealt with this. My refills had run out, so when I was at the end of my bottle I called my pharmacy, they said they'd contact my doctor. The next day I called to see if it had been filled, they were out so I asked them to transfer my prescription to another CVS. They didn't! I went inside, after 3 days of not taking it, had a complete meltdown in the middle of the pharmacy line and yelled at them to fill it NOW (it was so embarrassing, but that's how horrible the withdrawals are) and sat on the bench crying until they magically found some and brought it around the counter to me. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.