venlafaxine prolonged release in uk

Posted , 5 users are following.

on 150 mg venlafaxine but still feel down at times would going up to225 help and what is the highest dose anyone has been on

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony,

I am on 300mg venlafaxine which is a high dose but I believe it can go slightly higher. I also feel down sometimes on this dose and it took me many months to get used to this drug. However, it may work better for you as everyone has different experiences and side effects with it.  Good Luck!

• Posted

My doc prescribed 225 mg for me,.. but I am so afraid to start taking it.
  • Posted

Hey there,

I recently went from 150 to 187.5. Wow, quite a difference. They say over 150 and different results are attained. And I can attest to this. My depression significantly reduced to non-existent and I am suddenly very comfortable in social situations. I don't want to over play it, but my results have been really positive. Only side effects are vivid dreams (but not nightmares). My sexual delay has even disappated, which my Dr told me could happen.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

• Posted

Hi Tony

I was initially 450mg daily with 30mg of Mitazipine. The overall experience has been a positive one but not without some side effects. Yhe worst of these is ongoing ibs and loss of sex drive.

I have now reduced to 175 mg in thr morning and 225 mg at beftime.

I probably feel better than i have ever been in my adult life which makes me think I probably have had depression since being a child.

Anyway good luck

Cheers

Patrick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.