Venlafaxine side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I started venlafaxine 6.5 weeks ago at 75mgs. It was then increased to 150mgs after 2 weeks and to 225mgs after a further 2 weeks. I’m now 2.5 weeks on 225mgs. I do feel my anxiety and depression are a little better however, I’m struggling with fatigue/tierdness and headaches/foggy head daily right now. Do these side effects go away? Has anyone else had them? I just want to keep laying down all the time! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi VickI... I have these side effects and I've been on venlafaxine around 7 months, I've found they are not as bad as they used to be but I still feel fatigue and tierd. Headaches have dissappeared but my depression is considerably better so I'd rather feel tierd than depressed.

Leanne

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. What dose are you on? How long before headaches stopped and your depress Improved? 
    • Posted

I'm on 225mg. Headaches stopped after about 3 weeks. Depression improved after about 6 weeks... still suffer anxiety though.

• Posted

Hello, ive been on ven for 15 weeks now, last 5 weeks on 225mg. From 187 mg onwards its completely transformed me. Have had very little in terms of side effects. Your side effects seem normal, and given your relatively quick rise to 225mg, they could have been a lot worse. Tiredness and fogginess should improve significanly. Youve only been on 225mg for 2.5 weeks, and on ven in total 6.5 weeks. Youve probably got another 8 weeks or more of improvements to come. It should improve considerably for you, but its too soon to expect more at this point.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. If it wasn’t for the side effects I think I’d feel better. But it’s the constant fatigue and headaches making me feel down now! I do hope in time they reduce and go away. Your lucky you didn’t have side effects but that may be because you did it slower than me! 
    • Posted

Hello, its probsbly the speed of your increase. They will recede considerably. On the flip side, i had 8 additional weeks of misery, where i could hardly get out of bed, and couldnt talk to family and friends. I wouldnt be too concerned, youve done well to cope with such increases in a short time.
  • Posted

Vicki, that sounds like a fairly rapid ramp up to me, so your symptoms are very understandable and typical. Hopefully, they will be reduced as more time passes.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.