Venlafaxine stopped/making worse.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So basically I went onto Venlafaxine about 1 year ago, went upto 150mg 7 months ago and then again upto 225mg when anxiety was creeping back.

I waited 10 weeks on the 225mg and it had the opposite effect of intended it made me insane, manic, depressed, suicidal, extreme anxiety so my Dr told me to come back down to 150mg, I had about 4 days of being absolutely fine then I am back to manic state again. I've looked online and it Says maybe I have had a bad reaction too much norepinephrine which venlafaxine presents at a higher dose.

Sorry for the long message but has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have advice I am going back to the Dr on Thursday.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi to add to this i was given mirtzapine added by Dr the 15mg then 30mg as he said 30mg helps with Anxiety more, the first 10 days i was glorious back to normal self but day 11 getting worse anxiety and worse panic should i hold out or give up? spoke to the Dr yesterday and he said hold out but would be appreciated if given more feedback.

• Posted

Venlafaxine tablets didn't work at all, but Venlafaxine capsules have worked for years. Different manufacturers and different forms of the same drug can really make a difference in some people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.