Venlafaxine Stopped working after 6 months?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, After 5 good months of taking Venlafaxine and getting my life back together, being back at work etc my depressive symtoms seem to be creeping back in along with increased anxiety levels, i feel like I'm back on that downward spiral to go back to where I was 12 months ago! 

I've had to take some more time off work as I feel so bad these last few days, got a Dr's appt next Monday couldn't get in any sooner unfortunately. 

Is this an early poop out from the Venlafaxine? I don't know what to do I didn't think I'd be here again so soon. Currently on 150mg XR with 10mg of AbilifyI know they will be reluctant to increase the Ven as I suffer from biploar disorder and they are worried about mania but I've never had mania.

Has anyone else had any experience of Venlafaxine pooping out after so little time? Would an increase help me? sad

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Forgot to say that men can have HRT as well, I am on Evorel 75 patches & am feeling well again, not lethargic all the time, no suicidal thoughts, best i have felt in years, feeling that life is worth living. Please ask Doctors if they can give you all a try on them, you've got nothing to losexxx good luck everyone x
  • Posted

Yes I've been on effexor for a year and a half and I'm up to 225mg. And it's not working at the moment. It's Friday and I noticed that it stopped being as effective on Tuesday. I have an appointment in a week or so and I'm going to have my Psychiatrist increase it to 300mg. This is the 2nd time this has happened and I can't stand it when it does. I enjoy feeling motivated and energetic and Happy. I can't stand being depressed. It makes me feel week.

• Posted

I have been taking venflaxine for about 3years now and last August I felt great but gradually I started feeling worse and worse so they upped my dose. It feels like it isn't working anymore as I feel so low and keep getting bad thoughts.. I hate the way it is controlling my life. Just want to feel happier.

• Posted

Hi Liam I've been on venflaxine for about 2 and a half to 3 years. It came to October last year and I started to feel very low. The dose I was taking was 75mg.My doctor increased my dose to 225mg as when he increased it to this it made me suicidal. I had it dropped to 185mg. As my symptoms wernt improving I was put on a try cyclic antidepressant called lopfremide. I have been feeling really ill with weaning off venflaxine and crossing over to the new drug. No doctor tells you how bad it will be and how you will feel. I just hope it will improve the way I feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.